About The Workshop
SafeTALK, from LivingWorks, is a half-day alertness training that prepares anyone 15 or older, regardless of prior experience or training, to become a suicide-alert helper. Most people with thoughts of suicide don’t truly want to die, but are struggling with the pain in their lives. Through their words and actions, they invite help to stay alive. safeTALK-trained helpers can recognize these invitations and take action by connecting them with life-saving intervention resources, such as caregivers trained in ASIST. safeTALK-trained helpers are an important part of suicide-safer communities, working alongside intervention resources to identify and avert suicide risks
- Recognize and respond to invitations for help.
- Understand the principles of suicide alertness.
- Understand the TALK steps (Tell, Ask, Listen, and KeepSafe) of suicide intervention.
- Understand the importance of seeking immediate help from suicide first aid resources.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How much does this workshop cost?
Please contact email@example.com for workshop fees.
Are workshops in-person, a hybrid or both?
Our workshops are offered virtually and can be brought to your location via facilitators with a COVID sensitive approach to ensure the safety of everyone involved within the workshop
What is the cancellation policy for workshops?
CMHA Toronto reserves the right to cancel or postpone workshops due to the following: under-enrollment, instructor illness, inclement weather, and or due to public health recommendations related to a public health concern that limits our ability to safely deliver our workshops and / or programs
If a workshop is cancelled, an alternative date will be discussed or clients will receive a full refund. Refunds will only be provided in the event a workshop had been cancelled by CMHA Toronto
If plans change after you have registered, the following may be done:
- The workshop can be transferred to another date only upon provision of a notification email to firstname.lastname@example.org, 10+ business days prior to the start of training registered by your company. A $20 dollar admission fee will be applied and is payable at the time of the transfer request.
- We do not consider requests to transfer less than ten business days prior to a workshop date
- If you fail to attend your scheduled workshops without notifying us, your fee will be forfeited
If my organization is outside of the Toronto area, can I still apply for a workshop?
We encourage workshops to be run by the CMHA location within the vicinity of your organization, however if your local CMHA does not offer a particular workshop that you are looking for, such workshops can be provided virtually through CMHA Toronto.
How many participants can attend each workshop?
Virtual workshops are usually capped at 100 people within an online meeting setting
The number of participants involved within each workshop allows for varying workshop environment and delivery
- Workshops with a large number of participants take an informative approach, where individuals are provided with the information from the workshop.
- In contrast, workshops with less participants take on a participatory approach, where participants can be more engaged with the facilitator and activities throughout the workshop.
What if I have more questions?
Please email email@example.com or call 416-789-7957 ext. 3035
Please contact us to request a workshop. All inquiries will receive a reply within one business day