About The Workshop
SafeTALK, from LivingWorks, is a half-day alertness training that prepares anyone 15 or older, regardless of prior experience or training, to become a suicide-alert helper. Most people with thoughts of suicide don’t truly want to die, but are struggling with the pain in their lives. Through their words and actions, they invite help to stay alive. safeTALK-trained helpers can recognize these invitations and take action by connecting them with life-saving intervention resources, such as caregivers trained in ASIST. safeTALK-trained helpers are an important part of suicide-safer communities, working alongside intervention resources to identify and avert suicide risks
700 Lawrence Ave W, Suite #480
Toronto, ON M6A 3B4
- Recognize and respond to invitations for help.
- Understand the principles of suicide alertness.
- Understand the TALK steps (Tell, Ask, Listen, and KeepSafe) of suicide intervention.
- Understand the importance of seeking immediate help from suicide first aid resources.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Are workshops in-person, a hybrid or both?
SafeTalk training is only offered in-person
What is the cancellation policy for workshops?
CMHA Toronto reserves the right to cancel or postpone workshops due to the following: under enrollment, instructor illness, inclement weather, and or due to public health recommendations related to a public health concern that limits our ability to safely deliver our workshops and / or programs
If a workshop is cancelled, an alternative date will be discussed or clients will receive a full refund.
Refunds will only be provided in the event a workshop had been cancelled by CMHA Toronto.
If plans change after you have registered, the following may be done:
- The workshop can be transferred to another date only upon provision of a notification email to email@example.com, 10+ business days prior to the start of training registered by your company. A $20 administration fee will be applied and is payable at the time of the transfer request.
- We do not consider requests to transfer less than ten business days prior to a workshop date
- If you fail to attend your scheduled workshops without notifying us, your fee will be forfeited