About The Workshop
ASIST, from LivingWorks, is a 2-day intensive, interactive and practice-dominated course designed to help individuals recognize the risk of suicide, and learn how to intervene to prevent the risk of suicidal thoughts from becoming suicidal behaviours.
Suitable for all persons in positions of trust: health professionals, social service workers, teachers, counsellors, youth workers, police and correctional staff, and community volunteers. Prepared caregivers can help prevent suicide.
To book an individual ASIST workshop, click here.
- Understand the ways that personal and societal attitudes affect views on suicide and interventions
- Provide guidance and suicide first aid to a person at risk in ways that meet their individual safety needs
- Identify the key elements of an effective suicide safety plan and the actions required to implement it
- Appreciate the value of improving and integrating suicide prevention resources in the community at large
- Recognize other important aspects of suicide prevention including life-promotion and self-care
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Are workshops in-person, a hybrid or both?
ASIST training is only offered in-person
What is the cancellation policy for workshops?
CMHA Toronto reserves the right to cancel or postpone workshops due to the following: under enrollment, instructor illness, inclement weather, and or due to public health recommendations related to a public health concern that limits our ability to safely deliver our workshops and / or programs
If a workshop is cancelled, an alternative date will be discussed or clients will receive a full refund.
Refunds will only be provided in the event a workshop had been cancelled by CMHA Toronto.
If plans change after you have registered, the following may be done:
- The workshop can be transferred to another date only upon provision of a notification email to email@example.com, 10+ business days prior to the start of training registered by your company. A $20 dollar admission fee will be applied and is payable at the time of the transfer request.
- We do not consider requests to transfer less than ten business days prior to a workshop date
- If you fail to attend your scheduled workshops without notifying us, your fee will be forfeited
If my organization is outside of the greater Toronto area, can I still apply for a workshop?
We encourage workshops to be run by the CMHA location within the vicinity of your organization, however if your local CMHA does not offer a particular workshop that you are looking for, such workshops can be provided virtually through CMHA Toronto.
How many participants can attend each workshop?
The number of participants involved within each workshop allows for varying workshop environment and delivery
- Workshops with a large number of participants take an informative approach, where individuals are provided with the information from the workshop.
- In contrast, workshops with less participants take on a participatory approach, where participants can be more engaged with the facilitator and activities throughout the workshop.
Please contact us to request a workshop. All inquiries will receive a reply within one business day
700 Lawrence Ave W,
Suite #480 Toronto,
ON M6A 3B4
1200 Markham Rd,
Suite #500 Scarborough,
ON M1H 3C3