About The Workshop
ASIST, from LivingWorks, is a 2-day intensive, interactive and practice-dominated course designed to help individuals recognize the risk of suicide, and learn how to intervene to prevent the risk of suicidal thoughts from becoming suicidal behaviours.
Suitable for all persons in positions of trust: health professionals, social service workers, teachers, counsellors, youth workers, police and correctional staff, and community volunteers. Prepared caregivers can help prevent suicide.
700 Lawrence Ave W, Suite #480
Toronto, ON M6A 3B4
- Understand the ways that personal and societal attitudes affect views on suicide and interventions
- Provide guidance and suicide first aid to a person at risk in ways that meet their individual safety needs
- Identify the key elements of an effective suicide safety plan and the actions required to implement it
- Appreciate the value of improving and integrating suicide prevention resources in the community at large
- Recognize other important aspects of suicide prevention including life-promotion and self-care
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Are workshops in-person, a hybrid or both?
ASIST training is only offered in-person
What is the cancellation policy for workshops?
CMHA Toronto reserves the right to cancel or postpone workshops due to the following: under enrollment, instructor illness, inclement weather, and or due to public health recommendations related to a public health concern that limits our ability to safely deliver our workshops and / or programs
If a workshop is cancelled, an alternative date will be discussed or clients will receive a full refund.
Refunds will only be provided in the event a workshop had been cancelled by CMHA Toronto.
If plans change after you have registered, the following may be done:
- The workshop can be transferred to another date only upon provision of a notification email to firstname.lastname@example.org, 10+ business days prior to the start of training registered by your company. A $20 administration fee will be applied and is payable at the time of the transfer request.
- We do not consider requests to transfer less than ten business days prior to a workshop date
- If you fail to attend your scheduled workshops without notifying us, your fee will be forfeited