About The Program
CMHA Toronto’s Mental Health and Justice Case Management Services provides support to individuals living with mental illness who are involved in the criminal justice system and require supportive housing. These individuals are provided with a high level of support that is flexible, portable and individualized, with the goal of preventing future involvement with the criminal justice system.
This program also includes the provision of 395 supportive housing units in Toronto, which are part of a coordinated system of services offered by CMHA Toronto, COTA Health, Loft Community Services and Houselink Community Homes.
Who's It For
Individuals 16+ living with mental illness who are involved in the criminal justice system and require supportive housing.
How IT Works
- The client applies through The Access Point, an intake service that provides coordinated access for case management services in Toronto.
- Once accepted, the client is matched with a case manager.
- The case manager then meets with the client and together, they identify goals, create a plan and work together to advance recovery and gain access to safe, dignified housing.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Who are Mental Health and Justice Case Management Services for?
The program serves individuals who are:
- 16 years and older
- currently involved in the criminal justice system
- homeless or at risk of becoming homeless
- have independent living skills and who can be safely supported in the community
Where are services offered?
Services are offered within the community, in clients’ homes and in CMHA Toronto offices.
How do I access services?
All applications to CHMA Toronto’s Mental Health and Justice Case Management services are through The Access Point, an intake service that provides coordinated access for Case Management services in Toronto.
Individuals must be referred by a priority referral source such as various professionals working in the justice system. An application form can be obtained by calling The Access Point at 1-888-640-1934 or by visiting their website at www.theaccesspoint.ca.
700 Lawrence Ave W,
Suite #480 Toronto,
ON M6A 3B4
1200 Markham Rd,
Suite #500 Scarborough,
ON M1H 3C3